Friday, January 4, 2008

It's Good To Be Wanted...I Think

Cowboy misses me. He wants to be with me, and only me. Cowboy called me twice last night. He wants to know when he can take me out. I had told cowboy we could date but I didn't want to be as serious as we were. Last night he asked if that meant we would be dating other people too. I said yes.

Our views on that differ a bit. Actually, they differ a lot. He's not sure he can accept me dating other people besides him because it means I'm looking for something or someone better. I need to know if I like cowboy for who he is or because there's a certain familiarity or comfort level when I'm with him. I hadn't planned on jumping into a serious relationship, let alone a serious relationship with someone who lives in BFE, likes to kill furry and feathery things, and drives a truck bigger than my driveway. I need to separate how I feel about cowboy from how I feel when he says he wants me back. I have to admit, it feels good to be wanted.

My new guy has damn near disappeared. Good thing I haven't wasted a creative nickname on him. I got an email this week and that's it. I can understand his hesitation about getting involved with someone at work...again...but why did he kiss me at the party then?

In order for me to follow Carm's advise (and pretty much everyone else's) and date outside of my norm, date someone who is the complete opposite of what I've known, date somebody that's picked up a book in the last decade, somebody who doesn't like to kill things in their spare time, somebody that lives closer to downtown than Mt. Hood, I need to figure out how and where to meet these guys.
Maybe they can add "marital status" to the online phone directory at work...

No comments: