Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Only Rednecks Need Apply

There's something about me, not sure if there's a sign on my forehead or some vibe that I give off, that says "Please come hit on me if you hunt, fish, watch NASCAR, drive a 4x4, live in BFE, and it's a bonus if you are currently wearing any article of camo clothing."

mr.redbull is decidedly against me dating any more rednecks. He says it's just a familiarity thing for me because it's similar to the X-hubby. I am not looking for another cowboy, redneck, or hunter/gatherer type. That said, my attempts at dating non-rednecks haven't gone that well. One seemed to be slightly manic-depressive and the other was a worthless alcoholic that couldn't handle responsibility.

This past weekend I took a trip to the beach for a little very necessary R & R. Saturday night we went out to a local bar, and I met a cute guy who bought us girls drinks. Bonus - wearing a camo baseball cap. We traded numbers and I talked to him last night. Bonus number 2, he lives outside of Lincoln City on 10 acres. Bonus number 3, he's a Dale Jr fan. Bonus number 4, he hunts. Bonus number 5, he has dead animals mounted on his wall. I didn't ask about the truck, but I'd be willing to take bets that there's a 4x4 in his life somewhere.

So what do I do? Run the other way or go visit the beach again...

No comments: