Monday, December 29, 2008

The Girlfriend Code

This weekend was a first. I was accused of breaking 'The Girlfriend Code.' I have read Cosmo, Glamour, and a few other magazines for the last twenty years of my life so I know the girlfriend code inside out and backwards. I don't know that 'the girlfriend code' is written out in it's entirety anywhere, however, I do know enough about it to know I did not break it.

Included in the girlfriend code is that you do not sleep with anyone's current husband/fiance/boyfriend, the ex husband's/fiance's/boyfriend's of your friends, or potential boyfriends of your friends. The object of an unrequited and unacted upon crush held by a friend (and in this instance the friend really only talks to me every couple months or so) is not included in the girlfriend code.

Turns out, after I dated said object of crush, my accuser entered into an FWB agreement with said crush even though it seems she had feelings for said crush (hello - a little self respect? anybody?) and seems to be very bitter about him not wanting to date her. And considering my stint with dating said crush ended around 6 months ago, and she had known for the past 6 months that we dated, the statute of limitations is clearly over.

If anyone broke the girlfriend code, it wasn't me.

1 comment:

picturegirl503 said...

I hoped for more....still shell shocked?