Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Twists of Fate

Just when I have things all planned and neatly arranged, fate decides that's not how things are going to be.

I decided I would not date rednecks anymore, and I would find myself a city boy at some happy hour downtown. I would not date guys who drove big trucks and killed furry animals every fall. Nope, I'm crazy about the country boy I met wearing a camo hat at a bar where you can throw peanut shells on the floor that just happens to live 2 hours away.

I decided I would introduce my country boy to M when the time was right, maybe a few months down the road. Two weekends ago when my country boy came to visit me, we went out to dinner. Walking up to the restaurant, I was looking in the window and thought "gee, M has a shirt just like that little girl." Got a little closer and said "Oh my god, that's M." She came running out the front door to give me a hug, so all I could do was introduce them. Of course she happened to be there with her dad and his girlfriend, so I had to introduce all of them to each other. Never thought the first place I took my country boy to in Portland would mean meeting M and running into my ex.

What else does fate hold for me? Not sure, but I'm sure there's something right around the corner. Every other March for over a decade has brought some sort of life changing event, and next month is an 'every other March'.

3 comments:

picturegirl503 said...

He passed the "Jess Test", I think that's even better than fate :)

picturegirl503 said...

And besides...city boys suck.

picturegirl503 said...

Come to think of it, that's probably why he passed the "Jess Test"....it must have been the flannel/camo gene that they have in common :)