Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pole Posse In Da House

What might you ask is the "pole posse"? American Cowgirls encourages the ladies to dance on the bar (think Coyote Ugly but anyone can get up there) and they provide stripper poles (three of them). Two of my girlfriends and I began calling ourselves the 'pole posse' last night. And one of my girlfriends has been taking lessons for the past six weeks. Yep, pole dancing lessons. She's really good too.
Last night was my first night at AC, and let me tell you - pole dancing is hard freakin' work. I wasn't even on the pole for more than four or five songs all night. My arms are sore, my legs are sore, and I have a giant, purple bruise on the inside of my thigh from swinging my leg around the pole to gain momentum. Shaking your ass on the bar is hard work too. However, our theory after last night, every girl has an inner stripper that's just dying to get out and do a little bump and grind.
Notice I did not mention cowboy went with, because he was out in the woods killing things this weekend. What is it with men and needing to go kill things? Anyway, cowboy teased me a little bit beforehand about my going pole dancing. Then tonight I passed along how my weekend went and why my arms/legs/back are killing me. He actually said "I thought you'd have a little more class than that." I'm really not sure what I think about that statement and yet I don't want to turn one little comment into a huge deal.
Although, I have to admit that in a sense he is right and has a valid point. The thought crossed my mind Saturday night while I'm on the bar in the middle of Van Halen's 'Panama' that I'm at a point in my career where it really wouldn't be OK for someone from work to walk in and see me dancing on a bar or swinging around a brass pole ...

No comments: